you did fine, the old man just messing with you...
my 52 with a 235 and s-10 five speed and blazer rear end had 2:73.. folks said I would not be happy, they were ok because I did not do any towing and live in a flat area, how ever
I did run in fourth a lot because it was hard to use the over drive on the hiway, to many folks driving different speeds and it like the over drive at 60 plus, but you could go 80 at about 2,900 rpm..lol I probably should have had a 3:08 or higher though

it all depends on how one wants to drive the vehicle

Last edited by joker; 08/24/2013 6:49 PM.

Redryder pix
My Hotrod
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."
I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option.