| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,083 Posts1,056,326 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#96419 07/19/2006 8:36 PM | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 100 Member | | Member Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 100 | What's the best way to protect 6-volt gauges now that my 49 GMC 1/2T PU is converted to 12 volts? I understand that resistors don't allow for changes in the gauges' amperage load. I have heard of using transistorized voltage regulators like those at Radio Shack. I've got schematics for using a V-R on a heat sink with capacitor buffered input and output, a resistor for regulating it at low load, and a transistor for beefing it up. I'm not sure how many regulators the gauge set needs. Anybody have any experience with these?
Never start vast projects with half vast ideas.
| | |
| |
| |