| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,109 Posts1,056,262 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 | and what folks are saying is if you'd had the ignition resistor on your points system, you wouldn't have fried 2 sets of points, a '61 12V points system uses the resistor [STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS # RU10] or an internally resisted coil - are you sure you don't have an internally resisted coil? - the ballast resistor has nothing to do with the resistance of the coil itself - if you "checked" the resistance of the coil at 1.5 ohms, how did you "calculate it" to be 8 ohms?
Bill | | | |
Entire Thread
|
Ballast resister, do I need one?
| 1SG | 07/22/2013 11:03 AM |
Re: Ballast resister, do I need one?
| baldeagle | 07/22/2013 11:09 AM |
Re: Ballast resister, do I need one?
| 53moneypit | 07/22/2013 12:10 PM |
Re: Ballast resister, do I need one?
| tclederman | 07/22/2013 2:44 PM |
Re: Ballast resister, do I need one?
| 1SG | 07/22/2013 4:02 PM |
Re: Ballast resister, do I need one?
| Forty9 | 07/22/2013 4:38 PM |
Re: Ballast resister, do I need one?
| 1SG | 07/22/2013 5:17 PM |
Re: Ballast resister, do I need one?
| tclederman | 07/22/2013 6:19 PM |
Re: Ballast resister, do I need one?
| 1SG | 07/22/2013 6:32 PM |
Re: Ballast resister, do I need one?
| Flxible | 07/22/2013 6:57 PM |
Re: Ballast resister, do I need one?
| 1SG | 07/22/2013 7:06 PM |
Re: Ballast resister, do I need one?
| Flxible | 07/22/2013 7:10 PM |
Re: Ballast resister, do I need one?
| DADS50 | 07/22/2013 7:13 PM |
Re: Ballast resister, do I need one?
| 1SG | 07/22/2013 7:25 PM |
Re: Ballast resister, do I need one?
| Flxible | 07/22/2013 7:35 PM |
Re: Ballast resister, do I need one?
| 1SG | 07/22/2013 7:52 PM |
Re: Ballast resister, do I need one?
| DADS50 | 07/22/2013 7:58 PM | |
| |
| |