Curt -

A complete road draft tube and bracket is for sale on Stovebolt:
> RDT $20

Just so you know ...
There is a baffle below the opening for the road draft tube. It is a formed sheet metal piece fastened to the inside of the block by the screw that is about an inch forward of the road draft tube. If the baffle is in place you cannot see into the crankcase with the tube removed. The screw goes through the block into the baffle. If the baffle is missing, the screw will spin freely or fall out. You may have oil leaks around the screw hole.
> RDT baffle and screw (Denny Graham)
> Baffle screw (Denny Graham)
> part number 3702766

FYI - The baffle is missing in my '54 engine. However, I don't think that excessive oil is splashed up into the road draft tube and the free spinning screw seems to seal the hole well enough that minimal oil leaks from it.

My rdt had been removed by a prevous owner and the baffle probably fell into the oil pan. Stovebolters told me about the baffle when I was trying to put a road draft tube into the block.
> Part of Stovebolt thread

OFF TOPIC - have you had a chance to check the fit of the fuel filter gasket that I sent to you?

- Lonnie


- Lonnie
My '54 3104
Photos that I have shared on Stovebolt via PhotoBucket are no longer available. Please contact me if you want a photo from an old post.
lonniecook [at] aol [dot] com. I sold my '54 3104 12/12/2017, but I still visit Stovebolt.

OLD STUFF ... houses, furniture, cars, wine ... I love it all