I may have already found my extended cab and only a 3 hour drive from where I live here in Canada (so no border stuff to deal with). So I am looking for ANY and ALL help/suggetions.

THE FIND: "1954 body to the functionality of a 1972 chassis. The big 454 engine has been overhauled and the transmission is new" 6250 miles, Air Cond. Interior all redone. Does not look like any work required and that is all the info posted.

WHAT I WANT TO USE IT FOR:
1) Towing a 19 ft 2006 Airstream GVWR 4300 lbs, hitch weight 510. Approx 3000 miles/year towing.
2) May have to use occasionally in winter to get to work 20 miles round trip

WHAT I NEED HELP WITH:
1) I know the gas mileage is going to suck but other than that is this ok to tow with how I want? I'll tell hubby I'll pay the gas. What do I need to ask about the suspension?
2) I might not be able to garage it so anything else I need to consider if I need to store outside and winter drive on occasion (block heater for example, extra care or maintenance like motor oil weight change, use a cover).
3) MOST IMPORTANT What other questions should I ask?

I have spent the last month reading through and drooling over posts in this forum and want to make sure I don't just jump but consider as much as I can. I'm hoping this is a case of my lack of patience paying off again - it saved us $50K on a house and $10K on the Airstream so ??? But I need to make sure my dream can work with my needs.

You folks are awesome and thanks in advance!


58 Apache Fleetside