I just finished looking at the 1937 video "Riding the Film" again. Talk about bringing the history of these old trucks into perspective ...

Some of the opening scenes appear to have been taken at the 1936 Winter Olympics, officially known as the IV Olympic Winter Games, in Garmisch-Partenkirchen in Bavaria, Germany. Look at the Nazi flag at :43 seconds into the Jam Handy archives film. Possibly also at :30 seconds.

> Wikipedia - 1936 Winter Olympics

Regardless of the history lesson at the beginning of the film, the information about engine lubrication is good.

- Lonnie


- Lonnie
My '54 3104
Photos that I have shared on Stovebolt via PhotoBucket are no longer available. Please contact me if you want a photo from an old post.
lonniecook [at] aol [dot] com. I sold my '54 3104 12/12/2017, but I still visit Stovebolt.

OLD STUFF ... houses, furniture, cars, wine ... I love it all