Originally Posted by Diamond_D
'53 pass.w/pwglide or 'vett, then '54-'62=full oil pressure.
Correct.
Quote
The Vett and trucks had mech.lifters or did they all change somewhere along the way? I think I want solid for the big truck, right?
Vett and trucks are all solids but hydraulics would work fine.
Quote
Now what about the water pump? Can I use the pump off my '48 and just get the adapter or is there more to it than that?
That will work well but only necessary on a 1955-62 engine.

Quote
I was hoping for possibly a '53 to keep the bolt appearance, but if not, I'm willing to go with a later 235 or a 261, as long as the motor mounts are correct as red49 mentions.
No problem except you may need to drill two holes in the timing plate.

Quote
Is it important that it be a truck engine for the heavy trucks? I will be hauling loads with her eventually.
No




See the USA in your vintage Chevrolet!
My Blog