and left me stranded to push that big heavy 3/4 ton truck up the street, on a slight incline. I chalked the wheel to rest for a minute, then i pulled the chalk ran like hell to the wheel and let it coast until I was able to bump start it.

Still, even when these old trucks break, they still run with a little help. I'd never be able to do that with the wife's toyota, it's automatic.

So, I figured I'd post the question for ya'll...

How much you think it'll cost to get the starter re-built? NAPA is selling a new one for 85 smackeroos with a $15 core fee.

The starter just does the "click....click" noise, but nothing else. I tried tapping it with a small hammer, but no success. Time for a new one I guess.


"Remember who you are and what you represent"

1961 Chevrolet C-20 Apache