Ed,
How have you been? Long time no hear. I just had my seats redone. The upholster had some springs on hand that was left overs from a previous job and was able to use them. I was told that the bottom of the seat was busted up pretty good. That is why there is all that wood. It sits about an inch higher then it should. Heck, I don't even know if they are the right ones for the truck but they fit. Here are a few pics of them before and after.

before pic of the
seats

reupholstered bench seats

How about that gas tank? I finally pick me up one. I had called Ricks Tanks from El Paso to see if they could do me one up. To my surprise, he is also working on a '39. The gentlemen put one together and I didn't have to move the rear cross member. I'll send pics later.

Bread
.


1939 Chevrolet 1/2-Ton
"There and back -- repeat"
Follow the story in the DITY Gallery