Am new to Forum posting. Have been following forum for the past 6 months and finally jumping in! Can't offer much re mechanical advice, but enjoy and appreciate those with the skills and learning a lot. Have owned tons of cars over the years, but always favored the old ones. My current pride and joy is a 1960 Chevy 4x4 Suburban that was sitting up at a cabin near our mountain home in NE Arizona for almost 20 years. It was purchased in 1960 and enjoyed by the first owner for 30 years, who kept great records and even took it to Alaska. It was purchased next by one of his hunting partners who later took it up to his summer cabin where it remained outside and undriven for the past 10 years. Last summer I started noticing it sitting on the dirt road in front of a neighbors cabin on my daily walk. I probably walked by it a hundred times and every time couldn't help but get more interested. Found out it was headed to a ranch to be restored to haul guests. Although it was in rough shape appearance wise, with a big dent on the side, it was all there, including a couple of strongboxes inside that I later found was filled with extra parts that the first owner took with him on his trips to the outbacks of Alaska, Including some packs of Spam from the 1970s! Sorry about the long story, but thats the history, and in the end I bought it! Probably paid too much, but it's going to eventually and hopefully take me to the back roads fishing without breaking down (someday) and even my wife pretends she likes it! The first owner put a 327 in it with a 4-barrel and it runs pretty good. My neighbor is a Chevy mechanic so there is hope. Needs upholstery and all new windows and now first looking for a new front window. All for now and I'll post pics when I can figure it out!