| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,109 Posts1,056,569 Members48,448 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2012 Posts: 543 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2012 Posts: 543 | Having converted my 49 half ton to IFS with front disc set up and power boosted two chamber MC I'm still disappointed with the brakes. The peddle just does not even begin to apply braking until I'm a bit over half way to the floor ! To me, that's more than a bit unacceptable cuz there's not that much peddle left when I stop. Before I began this upgrade there was plenty of peddle but that was with 1949 technology, single chamber MC, and all the rest that was stock in 49.
My wrench guy is good but really frustrated and at a loss at what to do to improve the situation. Am I expecting too much here ? It just makes me goosey to be so near the floor before I get a firm stop. The MC was bench bled and all four wheels bled in succession. The MC and boost set up is from a 67 Corvette power brake system...all NIB. Disc front..drum rear. | | |
| |
| |