I have followed the gas gauge posts here a lot. so did as much as I could with mine before I got stumped. Pulled the sensor from the tank and the resistance wire had come unraveled. That got replaced. Checked the ground and it was good. new sensor reads 30 Ohms empty and 1.2 Ohms full nice smooth change all the way. Put my meter on the wire at the gauge and got the same readings so the wire from the tank to the gauge is good. Turn the key on and I get 12 V at the gauge on the other post. No movement from the gauge. Yes I am 12 volts. Reversed the wires on the gauge just for a test, gauge reads backwards. It tries to go past empty. Still no movement towards full even with the sensor at 1.2 Ohms. Is my gauge the issue? No rubbing on the bezel and not stuck. Oh yeah, 52 half ton.
Last edited by Steve_H; 05/31/2013 10:35 PM. Reason: left out what year