I discovered that the lower piece as shown here that is attached to the radiator frame had suffered repeated impact damage from the hood safety latch. It so happened to be missing the spring that caused the hook to slam down when the hood was closed. Instead of buying a whole new piece for $250.00 I was given some straight spring wire and made one so now things function. Just thought I would share that in case others find the same problem.

I don't see why we should judge someone who is looking for help and requests an email address, I have done the same and others have helped me out. Go easy on people life is too short. If that rule is carved in stone it should be changed.


I would rather be late 10 minutes in this life than 10 minutes early for the next

The reason my lady and I have been together so long is because of the kids. Neither one of us wanted sole custody