Hello all, I am here to announce I am the proud owner of a replacement U-joint Chinese made. The only problem is although the U-joint looks the same the caps have needle bearings and grease to hold them there. There is no zert fitting hole in it, but it wouldn't matter anyway because it is inside the transmission ball on my 53 3100 with a SM420 enclosed torque tube. Will the heat melt the heavy grease and let the 90 weight in to lubricate the U-joint or will it not be smart at all to use it. I can use it as an expensive fishing weight and try to find an NOS one or a good replacement if I shouldn't use it. I did a few searches on here and read a couple of strings and it seems like Spicer is the crowd favorite. Also the spline has a wear groove where one cap sat. Can that be honed out or do I need to replace the front spline also. This is the truck that had the front spline that exploded when I wasn't in it if anyone remembers all that. I sent the 3rd member to Patrick's in Casa Grande and all is fixed now. The original problem I found was the flange that holds the ball to the transmission was bolted fast with no gaskets causing the ball to be unable to adjust to slight driveline angle changes when driven. I suspect it never happened to me and only because it had the weight of 2 men in the truck it was enough to move the angle and get it hot and burn the OKIE bushing up. I have had some personal problems getting back to it and now I am almost done putting everything back together. I always thought that since I was going to be this deep into it I should replace the U-Joint also. I bought it 3 or 4 months back or more, so I have no idea who I bought it from on Ebay. I should have inspected it then but I didn't I just threw the box on the bench when it arrived. Here are a few pictures. I am open to any suggestions and/or comments. Thanks Much, John
Chinese U-Joint Pictures Click Here