| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
3 members (Opelika Tom, 2 invisible),
95
guests, and
0
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,134 Posts1,056,402 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Aug 2012 Posts: 566 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2012 Posts: 566 | I was looking inside the block and in the side wall I noticed some numbers stamped into Looking from the crank side up as the engine is on an engine stand. Between the front cap and the 2nd main cap from the front its stamped 56 A 81, from the 2nd main bearing cap and the thrust main bearing cap its stamped 56 B 71 and between the thrust main bearing cap and the rear main cap its stamped 56 C 56. Just curious what it meant.
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my sweet ride." -Amen 56 Chevy 3100 | | | |
Entire Thread
|
curiousity about engine numbers stamped inside the block
| Tiny_Jaime | 05/10/2013 3:37 AM | |
| |
| |