| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,128 Posts1,056,661 Members48,450 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2011 Posts: 37 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2011 Posts: 37 | This is a subject that I could use a little help on. I'm not stupid at math but for some reason I have trouble with gear ratios vs transmission vs tire size. My truck is a 47 1/2 ton will have the hot rod look just not the v8 go. I am using a 235. Wanted to go the Saganaw 4 speed with the 3.11 first gear and 3.55 rear end route. Trouble is I have a wide ratio muncie 2.54 first gear that I need to use. What rear ratio should I be looking for so I'm not slipping the clucth taking off and be able to cruse at 60? I have my eye on a 77 k-10 blazer with 3.42 rear gears. How do you think that 3.42s would work? I'm in the build stage so I have not made up my mind on tire size but I have some nice 15x7 rims I'd like to use. Thank you for any help. | | |
| |
| |