Hiya Folks,
I am glad the manuals site is of good use for your truck projects. One item about the site is most of the manuals are not in .pdf book form. There are several reasons for this.
1. When I started putting manuals online 10 years ago, I did not have a pdf program to manipulate the pages.
2. In the present form of display, not as much bandwidth is used as opposed to downloading complete manuals.
3. Part of my original intent was to present the manuals for reference and use through the various forums such as here on the Stovebolt. Through the use of links, an individual page can be brought up pertaining to the topic at hand.
4. The few times I provided the manuals online in .pdf book form or to someone who requested a copy, they would end up on CD and for sale on auction sites with a profit going to the individual claiming they did all the work. For me to convert to .pdf would be very time consuming considering there are presently over 25k pages on the site and several more boxes of material waiting for my attention.
More than halfway down the main page is a listing of vendors with reprinted materials with some in digital form. I placed them on the page for those wishing to acquire a manual or book for their project.
I take great satisfaction and pride in the site with the knowledge it is helping others with our hobby and preserving this information for later generations.
Stated on the site and as to my original intent, the materials I publish are FREE to all those wishing to use them.
Cheers!