| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,092 Posts1,056,451 Members48,443 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2013 Posts: 23 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Mar 2013 Posts: 23 | Hello - I've been lurking for a while. I joined the site after I realized I was making a somewhat spontanious decision to join vintage Chevy truck ownership club. I've been a 66' Mustang owner for past 12 years...so this will be interesting - ha! I've learned a lot just from reading through various forums...reading the reader Bolt stories and checking out various links offered up by stovebolt.com. I look forward to being an active member.
A little about our latest addition to the family. It's a 1954 3100 std cab with 4 speed. Receipts that I inherited back to 1983 show it to have lived previously in Kansas & Colorado..don't know anything prior to that. It went through a restoration in 2006-07 which is holding up pretty good...though the color was changed from Transport blue to a "teal" color. I'm going to contact the shop that did the work (wheels of time - englwood CO)and see if they can confirm what color it was painted, as I'm not sure it's a 54' Chevy truck color. I need to repaint the tail gate and want to match.
Mechanically it needs to be gone through...it's not running right...suspect carb needs to be rebuilt at a minimum. Interior is presentable, but it wasn't painted in stock colors. PO hacked dash to put in AM/FM "8 track" player- ugh!...not sure what I can do about that.
I hope my link shows up...if it does...it's a pic of me and my 5 yr old daughter in the truck shortly after it arrived. She's looking forward to helping dad!
Cheers!
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/10/ketruck.jpg/
1954 Chevy 3100 (3 window/4sp) 1966 Ford Mustang convertible (Factory K-code) See...Ford & Chevy can get along after all!
| | |
| |
| |