Hello, will an axle from a 47-53 first series fit a 46?
droppedaxles.com shows a 41-55 in the same picture and they have the same axle or at least its the same after you drop it.

The Truck Shop over in Orange, CA where I live sells a 3" Drop Axle for a 47-55 truck. So I am wondering If I can buy the Drop Axle and install it on my 46. Below is notes from the Truck Shop catalog about the drop axle.

"Note 1: Must use late model style tie rod ends # 47-08808.
Note 2: Mono leaf springs are not recommended.
Note 3: Both 1947-55 & 1955-59 drop axles use 1955-59 king pins with the bushings on the bottom and any shimming goes on top.
Note 4: Tie rod must now be positioned UNDER the knuckle steering arm, which is opposite of the stock positioning."


1946 Chevy Truck Export Blue with Black Trim