| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,089 Posts1,056,432 Members48,443 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2013 Posts: 14 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Mar 2013 Posts: 14 | Just started working on 53 Chevy pickup. After a month, it is started. Yesterday after driving it I noticed oil dripping out from under it. There is what I'd call a collar which connects the drivetrain to what I believe to be the transmission (I'm learning as I go). That collar became unscrewed. Oil was dripping out of the drivetrain n from behind the engine. Oil pan looks good n valve cover looks tight. Is it possible oil was "slung" out of drivetrain and onto back of engine n that is where oil is coming from? I'd say over 2 days a 1/4 to 1/2 cup of oil has dripped. | | |
| |
| |