Hey all,

I guess it is a good time, as any, for an update on my truck! Maters Cousin has been waiting patiently, as I have been looking for, collecting/gathering, and refurbishing parts. Also, at the same time, researching and cataloging any information I can find or am told about this particular truck! I have come across information that is common, unusual, and a raised eyebrow or two!

As of right now, the truck is in the shop, with about half of a "New" wiring harness getting installed. The wiring, when I got the truck, was at best a mess! After much cutting , rerouting, and splicing, I managed to get 85% of everything to work, but was always worried about a failure in the system, and it looked terrible. I salvaged a used wiring harness from a parts truck that was in very good condition, then asked my son-in law for a helping hand! My trucks harness was removed and then proceeded with checking and cleaning of all connections, adding new wire when needed, and mending of old wires at a few places, the "new rebuilt" harness is finding its way into the truck! Hopefully, everything will work, be safer, and look nicer!

Other tasks completed are:

1. California heater/defroster rebuilt and painted

2. Inner cab stripped and painted

3. Cab floor repaired and painted with spray in bedliner

4. Gas tank installed

5. Headliner installed

6. Step sides and tailgate sand blasted, straightened, primed

7. All drill holes in box, cab, doors, fenders, welded shut (Previous owners run amuck with drillgun?)

8. Located and obtained all "green" glass

9. Still trying to locate some NAPCO drivetrain items, and chrome emblems

I'm glad I did not set a completion date, as I enjoy driving and showing Maters Cousin during the summer, and try to complete projects in a fashion as to not create a long period of down time. I keep the truck going and the truck keeps me going!

Till next time,







Stranger
Frank in Iowa

1955 Second Series Chevrolet Shortbox NAPCO with a Rockwell Transfer Case
"Mater's Cousin"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix in Photobucket