Originally Posted by rfs56trk
Be aware that you can not use the stock 15" wheels with the CPP 6 lug conversion as the inside web of the wheel will not clear the calipers...

Can you suggest appropriate sizing for wheels?
I have installed the CPP 6-lug disc kit on my '51 and of course you are correct (not that I doubted). I have ~ 1/2" spacer on there right now, just so I can move it around.
What specs do I need re offset/back-space?
I'm probably looking at replacing with an OEM looking wheel but with modern radials. Perhaps a smoothie ...
Nothing outlandishly wide nor large diameter/low profile
Advice appreciated!

(even 6 lug wheels from other models I could consider?)

Last edited by D'Ecosse; 02/19/2013 1:28 AM.

'51 Chevy 3100 Truck - OEM 216 Engine; three speed column shift transmission
6 Bolt disc conversion with dual master/vacuum booster
12V alternator conversion.
235 engine in waiting grin