Originally Posted by red58
the 4.11 may not be listed, because it was not a separate option but paired with the OD 3 speed trans, which was available from 55.2 on .... '58 was the beginning of a variety of optional rear offerings, and AFAIK the first year for the posi, but the 3.9 was still "standard" and any of the others would be a rare find nowadays, I've searched for years but never found a posi and the only 3.38 gears I've seen were NORS at a rear end specialty shop or the the current new production from Patrick

Bill

I got one, but its more of a limited slip,has some clutch plates backing the differential side gears kinda like where the thrust bearings are. And its in an old style rear axle, like the 57's had. Hmm I guess that is what 58's used, 59 has a newer spread case design.

Last edited by Truckrolet; 02/12/2013 3:46 AM.

Kicking self for selling off my Taskforce trucks.
Still looking for an LCF or conventional big bolt in decent shape.


As of 10-26-2022, A 55.2 Taskforce long bed now the work begins