Cheap [censored] Stovebolt Owner here, I hated the dust and the hood and the mess it makes but couldn't see the funds going out for something I don't use that much so I built my blast cab out of particle board... A 9" shop light screwed to a hole in the bottom collect sand and drops it in a bucket and provides the supply air for the 2" hole in the top which sucks out dust. I plug my shop vac in and run an exhaust hose out the bottom of the garage door. No more dust. No sand in the vac motor. I'm running green sand. It lasts about 4 or 5 cycles @ 45 psi before it loses efficiency.
Scrap metal lines the inside where I need backing. A removable glass window cut from a busted double pane I saved to look through and the sleeves from old tyvek overalls and the plastic rings from a gal paint can to slip arms through... all scrap recycled... I mean re purposed.
If I had a store bought model I'd make it work for me if it wasn't... if that means retrofitting so be it . Isn't that the essence of this sport.. I mean hobby?