I can't believe there are still trucks of that era in that condition still hiding in the shadows, just waiting to be found. If the offer is for 5K, put it on ebay. Start it at 5K & let him be the first bidder? No truck in that shape should ever be butchered with out a fighting chance. If he just wants the cab, it's for sure that another great relic from past history will be forever gone.
I don't know how many years GMC kept that same nose, but I thought it would be a 1940 model? If GMC changed noses when Chevy did, only 1939 & 1940 had that style grill. 1941 changed & stayed the same up to after the war? Am I right? The dash was the only thing that told me it was not a 1939 model.



Darrell, W.L.
1939 Chevy COE tow truck/My Stubbed toe
1939 Chevy 2 door Sedan

Car chat means talks about Chevy's. All other car makers only build transportation.
I don't work on my cars, I entertain my self in my garage, so my nabor tells me.