| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,138 Posts1,056,440 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2009 Posts: 49 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Oct 2009 Posts: 49 | You Have seen a photo of it when I brought it home some time back. Photo in my Gallery.You mentioned that it looked to long for a 5100 so I looked and discovered that it had been stretched 41"That corresponds to the added drive shaft section& carrier bearing. I am just now getting to it. The cab will come off the frame and placed on a dolly for restoration. Next try to start it and see what we have. If it seems solid enough may keep the original drive line.I have to admit that I am tempted to put a 12 valve cummins in it. I don't know whether to shortened it back up and use it to pull a 5th wheel car trailer to instate shows with my 54 3100 pickup on the trailer OR leave it as is and put a ramp body on it. | | |
| |
| |