Is this the truck?
Pictureshttp://oldgmctrucks.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4101021591/m/47420793073/p/1If so then vcrash, are you the newest owner? Sounds like the last owner knew it was a 4-51, did you get that confused with a 4-53 or did he not tell you what it was to start with?
In any case, it would be a swap.
I have seen a service manual for a 4-51 in a Chevy truck, the manual was in Spanish and apparently if any of the trucks sold they were probably not in the US, I've never seen or heard of a 4-51 in a truck (from the factory) other than that manual.
Looking at the pictures it uses the factory rear mounts on the GMC crossmember, if it has a flywheel housing that does this cleanly and not cobbled together then the engine could be one of those intended for a GM truck. Or even sold by the Detroit dealer new to swap into a GM truck. This would be quite rare.
All said and done it's a 4-51, pretty uncommon and parts are extremely hard to find in good condition. It's basically a novelty engine at this point, not something I'd want to depend on.
Grigg