I would like to use the stock gauges in a 1950 Chevy 3100. Everything they attach to will be different. Will they work? what does it take to make them work?
I have the dash apart while doing other things and could rebuild the guages but I don't want to waste the time and money if they will not work.
The speedo will be driven by a 700R4 auto trans.
The fuel gauge will read the sender in a fuel tank from a 2000 S-10.
The engine temp sender and oil pressure sender will be in a 350 Chevy engine.
The whole electrical system will be 12 volt and I would prefer a volt gauge over an amp gauge.
Are most of these things doable without a big hassle or expense or should I just start thinking about how to mount new gauges?
Any knowledge or experience would be appreciated.
Mods, feel free to move this to interiors or electrical if that is more appropriate. I just thought the readers of this section would have more experience in keeping the old gauges with modern components if it is possible.
Last edited by Lukewarm; 11/12/2012 5:08 PM. Reason: Added the year of my truck.