I will find some "prussian blue" and use it. So, I sucessfuly tore down the rear end with exception of pounding out the torque tube bushing (just have not tried yet). What I did not do was mark the carrier bearing nuts to know which side they came from. I dont see how that is important, but maybe they are machined diferently. Is this a big problem?
Looks like I will need new pinion bearings (front double row bearing lost half of one of the ball bearing retainers (got chewed up). Balls are all there. Rear bearing has wear on face of bearing race (I presume where it rides on retainer).
The carrier bearings look good and I will probably reuse as later replacment will not be diffilcult. Not sure about axle bearings yet.
Good thing I opened up this rear end as only a small amount of oil drained out and the bottom of the axle housing was full of sludge and a little water. The ring and pinnion gears have rust on several teeth surfaces. This truck sat in a field unused for decades. No rust on any bearings.