I have had good luck with some Harbor Freight tools. Keep in mind, these are tools that I do not use often.

This is my first air sprayer. With a little practice, I've found it to lay paint really well.
http://www.harborfreight.com/professional-automotive-hvlp-spray-gun-kit-94572.html

The Pitman arm puller has been used three times so far. Used it today to pull the arm off of a '76 manual steering gear at a pick-a-part. That sucker was on there!
I wouldn't expect it to simply pull an arm, it starts to flex once good and tight. I like to apply penetrating oil, pull it tight, give it ten minutes, pull on it a couple more times, and give it more time. If that fails, wack the heck out of the side of the arm and grab a turn or two more. You get the idea.
http://www.harborfreight.com/tie-rod-and-pitman-arm-puller-1752.html

Ball joint separator. This forged unit is kind of nice. Fits in tight joints well. Used it on four tie rod ends, both ends of an idler arm and the ball joint on the pinion of my '72 GMC 1500. Use the advice from above. Patience, Grasshopper, patience.
http://www.harborfreight.com/3-4-quarter-inch-forged-ball-point-joint-separator-99849.html

Pipe tap and die set. Used mainly for cleaning threads.
http://www.harborfreight.com/6-piece-pipe-tap-die-set-91395.html

Things like the six ton jack stands are nice. Simple item, try to get them on sale.
I have one of their 2 ton engine cranes, felt sturdy pulling the 235 out of my step van. The engine had to come out through the door opening; the crane in the 500 pound position. I don't see them for sale anymore.

However. If you want to mess up some threads, try this tap and die set:
http://www.harborfreight.com/40-piece-sae-carbon-steel-tap-and-die-set-39391.html

I avoid most of the disposables. I learned my lesson with the 4" cut off wheels and some wet/dry sandpaper. But things like throw away brushes and paint screens are cheap and work fine.

I just can't see any value in their power tools. Lowes and Home Depot both have cheap power tools of better quality.

I like the rating system. I have to give them credit for that.

Gary


"It's the cheesiest". Chester Cheetah
"Give cheese some pants". Lon Jennon

http://s1133.photobucket.com/albums/m595/aged_cheddar/