| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
8 members (texas46, Samantha, Rustnut, IHPWR, Bill Hanlon, DadsFirstPickup, 32Fordpuchoptop, 1 invisible),
144
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,108 Posts1,056,236 Members48,437 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2010 Posts: 1,232 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2010 Posts: 1,232 | I was gonna paint my ThriftMaster 235 logo with a vinyl stencil. I had a vinyl sign maker cut a couple of stencils. They looked good so I attached one to the flat side of a gallon can of paint thinner to test the process.
The vinyl stencil layed down smoothly. It sealed the edges of the open areas so that no paint weeped underneath. I had trouble finding the proper mixture of paint to thinner to spray with my air brush, but that was my problem, not the fault of the stencil. A rattle can of Rustoleum yellow would have probably worked better.
However, a problem arose when I tried to remove the vinyl stencil. It stuck to the steel can too well. It left a ghost on the paint can that I had attached it to. The sign maker said that he did not have any vinyl material that was less sticky or that was meant to be easily removed.
Rather than experiment more, try to buff out the ghost, or find a chemical method that wouldn't damage the newly painted logo, I elected to have the sign maker cut a yellow vinyl logo that I could apply directly to my valve cover. I'm happy with the results.
>> LUKE: Look for a new PM from me regarding the stencil.
- Lonnie My '54 3104Photos that I have shared on Stovebolt via PhotoBucket are no longer available. Please contact me if you want a photo from an old post. lonniecook [at] aol [dot] com. I sold my '54 3104 12/12/2017, but I still visit Stovebolt. OLD STUFF ... houses, furniture, cars, wine ... I love it all | | |
| |
| |