| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,120 Posts1,056,321 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Sep 2012 Posts: 103 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2012 Posts: 103 | Hello all, New member here in the northeast(Boston area) Spoke to a few members via internet and phone. Thanks for the help. I bought a 51 chevy coe. I am in the planning stages of how to restore my truck. I would like to keep it original as possible however with the 2 speed rear axle, I do not think the speed will be sufficient. This subject I'm sure has been discussed. I looked into a new gear set and replacing the 6.10/8.13 set with 5.57 which will gain about 6 miles per hr faster according to the folks at Weller Truck(nice people). I am not a welder so is there a modern axle that can still utilize the original rims? If not what is the next best choice for a modern axle? What consideration do I need to account for ie: transmission? Is there a bolt in automatic? Thanks for all your assistance. This will be a long project. | | |
| |
| |