I have a '48 also and I was wondering what I was going to do about it. I didn't know there was one out there. It's not an exact repro but it sure beats a blank. Has anyone used this set? I was not sure if my my worn out bumpers were in constant contact or if they just stood ready should the cab tilt, anybody know?
I guess the bigger question in my mind is why did they move away from this type of mount? Was it cost, safety, performance, repair access? With that said should I change mine if possible. Has anyone been there?
GM advertised the 3 point system pretty good just to ditch it 3 years later, I wonder why?
I've been searching in the past on this but have not found much information, does anybody know, thanks Jim D


pictures below
https://picasaweb.google.com/111413431667404132006
Jim D - '48 GMC 1ton pickup