Hi, now that i figured how to do this i will start again .My dad purchased Betsy as he called her in the spring of 1953 and she has been with us since. Pa and I did a lot of things in this truck.He ran a grocery store and it got all of his stuff from the wholesale block. Starting at age 10 it was my job to sit in the box of Betsy and make sure nothing fell out. One day i got up enough nerve to try and start her parked in the garage. Pa always put her in reverse when he parked it and always had the trottle pulled out a bit to keep her from stalling. I got her going and that day i drove her out the garage, knocking the door off the garage and went over the fence and in to the chicken coop.Pa never got mad at me, all he said was it was time he showed me how to drive.I was 12. time passed and in 1975 i got married and went out on my own.I forgot about the truck and went about my life.November 2010 Pa passed on and i moved back to the homestead.I could not believe Betsy was still in the garage.
She was under 40 years of junk.
Last edited by Peggy M; 04/14/2025 11:59 PM.