| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,114 Posts1,056,605 Members48,450 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2010 Posts: 1,232 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2010 Posts: 1,232 | Both elevator bolts and step bolts will work.
If you use elevator bolts, you will need to grind about 1/8" off of one side of the head make it fit into the opening in the running board. The head of a 1/4-20 elevator bolt is 31/32" dia. The head of a 1/4-20 step bolt is 13/16" dia.
The previous owner of my truck used elevator bolts with one side of the head ground down and they worked fine. I have the boards off to prep for painting and will replace with step bolts from the Filling Station. However, elevator bolts might be a better choice because they are available in stainless.
- Lonnie My '54 3104Photos that I have shared on Stovebolt via PhotoBucket are no longer available. Please contact me if you want a photo from an old post. lonniecook [at] aol [dot] com. I sold my '54 3104 12/12/2017, but I still visit Stovebolt. OLD STUFF ... houses, furniture, cars, wine ... I love it all | | |
| |
| |