| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (Woodcmiami, Jon G, 2-Ton, Pre '68 Dave, Rusted Nut, 55shaker, Bill Hanlon),
117
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,109 Posts1,056,260 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Feb 2005 Posts: 338 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2005 Posts: 338 | I am now trying to go through my front brakes and replace the wheel cylinders, brake shoes, springs and hoses on my 1940 3/4 ton.
I am trying to seperate the flexible hose from the front brake line where it passes through the frame. Unfortunatly everything seems to be one big rusted mass at this point. I am so afraid I will either break the brake line or strip the fitting.
If I do, can I get at the front brake line to replace it? It disappears through the frame and seems to run under the radiator over to the other side.
How is the brake line held in place to the frame.
I really don't think I can do this without replacing the line. I'm afraid once I get the line seperated from the hose it will be so rusted I won't be able to get a good seal on the new parts.
Info or advice is welcome.
Thanks | | |
| |
| |