I'll do that. Thanks. In the meantime, I discovered that my vacuum advance would not hold a vacuum. So I replaced it and the problem is still there. The engine runs great for the first five minutes or so, then it starts to stumble. I took it out just now and it ran great but after about five minutes, I pulled up to a red light and it quit. I had a hard time starting it again. Put it in first and accelerated and it was bucking like a horse. When I coasted up in front of my house, the engine just quit.
I bypassed the ballast resistor and ran it on 12 volts and it didn't make a difference. When you're sitting still with the trans in neutral and you race the engine and hold it at high RPMs, it stumbles badly.
One weird thing and I don't know if it is connected, but I tried to check the timing and the timing light was so weak I couldn't see the mark on the flywheel. I've never had this problem with this timing light. It's almost like it's not getting enough power.
Thoroughly stumped on this one for now. I just put the truck away and called it quits. But it does seem like it might be heat-related and therefore maybe electrical. Any ideas are appreciated.


1956 Chevy 3200