So everyone agrees don't take it apart! I don't know, I work for Napa and we deliver parts to this guy and he works on big items. Very large tanks, and stuff. There paint must be good for there stuff to set outside all the time. I guess he figured if frame was apart it wouldn't take that long to do. We have chassis saver down work and my first thought was to just wire brush it and brush that on. They say that stuff likes rust and not bare metal. And in the tight spots just buy some spray cans from eastwood maybe. I'm not buiding a show truck by no means but I do want it to turn out nice. Thanks for comments and what do you think about my second option? Also I did check a local guy that does powder coat and he said about $600