I purchased a Chevy 6, the bellhousing and the transmission out of a 1959 Chevy Apache 3100 for my 48-49 Suburban. My Suburban still has the 216 in there, but came without a transmission.
The transmission looks tiny so I assume it's not HD, which is OK.
Now, primarily I want to know what I have purchased engine wise. The seller said it was a 235.
However, in looking at one of the catalogs I have purchased (Chev's of the 40's) [have not got Jim Carters yet] it indicates 261 for 1959.
The engine will be unloaded tonight and placed on an engine stand. It has been rebuilt in the past, there is one of those tags on it. But what do you engine numbers experts need to identify what I have purchased so I start ordering the right parts?
It appears to have a semi-hemi cylinder head as 6 valves are canted. The valve cover has CHEVROLET script embossed near the front.
I wanted a full pressure oiler. Interestingly, there is an oil filter adapter on this one??
Please feel free to leave comments to assist in the ID and/or tips for setting this one up correct. Thanks