The stripes on each side of the speaker grill on my '54 3100 have been painted over. Any suggestions how I can accurately paint them? Have any of you successfully painted or vinyl striped them on your '54/'55-1st?
I was gonna have black vinyl stripes cut, but black vinyl sign material is way too shiny. I don't think that I can uniformly mask off the stripes and air brush them. My shaky hand could never brush them.
Hope to do the stripes, my new radio block out plate, and the white Chevrolet logo on the dash next month. (FYI - I'll try to scan and shrink the Chevrolet letters on a
grill decal to fit the dash, then have them cut by a vinyl sign shop.)
I appreciate any advice that you can give me.
>
Original '54 doc (second diagram)>
Tim Lederman's restored '54 dash Tim - what's your "stripe" secrete? Also, how did you paint the Chevrolet logo?
>
Another restored dash>
My '54 dash>
Stovebolt thread about my dashThanks,