Hey everyone. Just thought I'd introduce myself here. I just bought my first stovebolt. Its a '53 1 ton panel. Its got a later 235 with Sharp intake/dual Rochesters/Clifford headers/dual exhaust. My Uncle has owned the truck for the last 30 years, sat in his garage since '95 and hasnt ran in 10 years until yesterday. The truck was last built sometime in the 70's and my uncle did almost nothing to it in the 30 years since he owned it except drive it. Its kind of like a time capsule!
The main things I need to tackle are a major overhual of the brakes, major overhual of the fuel system (carbs leak, fuel line plugged) and figure out what to do for wheels and tires(its got oldschool 8 lug 16.5x10 AR Vectors and rotted tires)
Looking forward to hearing from everyone, I'll be posting up some new threads in the appropriate areas with a few questions...especially about wheels and tires. So stay tuned!