Hello,
Well, last Wednesday my 1941 g506 military 4x4 finally made it's journey from the desert region of Utah. I have spent the last couple of days inspecting my "new find". Since the truck is relatively complete with the exception of a small block engine and SM420, I am planning on restoration. The only exception is that I will be installing a 1954 235.
Here is the question. Who does reliable sand blasting and engine machine work in the Asheville, NC vicinity? I have heard good and bad stories about some machine shops in Asheville and wonder if I should travel farther away for this work. Someone with experience with 235's would be a plus. As for the sandblasting, I have come up with a big zero. None in the phonebook and no good leads.
Your collective advise is needed.
ps I have been too busy cleaning and wrenching to bother much with posting items, so no pictures yet. What is the process for image posting?
Thanks
Paul