Thanks for asking! I didn't want to "waste bandwidth" !
The radios of this era use a clutch mechanism which disengages when a station button is pushed, to allow the tuner to move position. The clutch has a metal diaphragm on each side and a thin rubber membrane disc in the middle. The rubber membrane distorts over time with bumps appearing and it results in the clutch slipping, to the point that the tuning doesn't work through the knob. It is difficult to find a suitable replacement for the membrane but I managed to do so.
I cut apart a pair of latex kitchen gloves which are rubber on the outside and some kind of smooth material on the inside. I took a piece and glued two inside surfaces together with contact cement, creating a new membrane with rubber on both sides and having almost identical physical characteristics as the original material.