I've been considering storing my inline 270 and dropping in a 350 with 700-r4 transmission to my 55.1 jimmy. But there is just something so sexy about a finely rebuilt and tuned inliner.

I'd like to keep my inline after i rebuild it but im tired of it's lack of power and acceleration on the highway and the clunky 4sp tranny.

I'd like to put in an automatic 200-r4 or 700-r4. What parts and what steps do i need to take to get this accomplished. From what i've researched i need the following

Adapter plate (from Buffalo Adapters- not sure of pricing)
Different Fly Wheel
Different Starter (why cant i keep the original?)
Need a closed drive line
Different gears in the rear end
Transmission Corssmember

is it necessary to cut the floor with any of these transmissions?

I want to keep the stock shifter but use it as the auto-shifter. (i think lokar has something for this)

Also, i'd like to use the clutch pedal as the overdrive so as to keep the truck stock appearance.

Finally, i want to find a 4barrel carburetor intake for the 270, does that even exist? i have the setup (uninstalled) for a 2 zenith intake.

thanks, looking forward to this project.

Last edited by Thapachuco; 07/09/2012 2:31 PM.