I did. Tom said "well, I had Marv supposedly go through it, so call him". I called Marvin and he said "what does Tom want me to do about it, call Tom" I called Tom back and he basically said "it's not my problem, he doesn't have another, and to just tear it down and figure it out.

Honestly - its ok, I have spoken to Tom a few times and I didn't expect anything else other than that response. Tom really owes me nothing either because that's the only part I've bought from him - and I'm glad that's the case. I always figured after talking to him and reading his posts on his website, if it ever came down to brass tax - this is how he'd react.

I called Patrick's in Arizona and he hooked me up with his guy. I got another one coming - 103 bucks and it comes with a new starter drive, no core charge and a two year warranty. Patrick also quoted me over the phone the drive diameter differences for the 139 versus 168 tooth so I can ensure it's the right one. That man is a walking encyclopedia

Should have done that in the first place. Patrick has been nothing but top notch and is the nicest guy. I buy virtually everything I can through him.

Last edited by pplummer; 06/28/2012 2:23 AM.