OK so...
As many know, i bought a truck about a month ago...
Outward appearance is a 54 3800.
Registration has LEA758135 on it.
Body has: X53T 025768
Engine has: 0154717T54X ( might have missed another last digit but I don't think so.

so my understanding is that:
the registration LEA points toward a 53 engine
the body is from a 54 2-ton
the engine is from a 54 1/2-ton

note that the registration doesn't match the current body or engine.

My gut says the chassis is original and the body and cab were replaced.

My question is, can I destinguish between a 53 and 54 1-TON chassis?

I'm going to call the DMV (NY) to figure out best way to proceed. I think they will say start from scratch and do a vin/ser # history check. all components are actually from NY I think so maybe that will help. who knows. But then what do i do if i decide to scrap my cab and get a new one? ugh.... what a pain... I'd prefer it be registered as a 54 but the bill of sale says 53 so I'm assuming they will keep that.

Tj

Last edited by Tj_M; 06/07/2012 1:02 PM.