Hi Guys,
Well, the machining is done on the block and crankshaft so I'm working on ordering the engine parts for the rebuild. The shop is part of the local parts store and they can get most of the parts I need. However, I just found out they don't have a source for a new camshaft but they can send the old cam and lifters in to be reground. Is this a good idea or are there other sources out there for a new cam and lifters?

I've heard of having cams re-worked but one of my concerns is the gear on the shaft that drives the distributor. I bought a NOS drive gear for the distributor shaft becuase I didn't want to run the old gear on a new camshaft. Now if they rework the camshaft, I'll be running a new gear against the old "run-in" gear on the camshaft. If I go with the re-worked shaft, am I better off running the original gear on the distributor?

Thanks,
Shawn


Shawn

1950 3600 Pickup, 1958 Plymouth Belvedere