| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (1955 1 Series, joe apple, klhansen, GRNHydra, DBJ71SuperCustom, dt235sd, Opelika Tom),
83
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,079 Posts1,056,286 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#85349 03/05/2005 3:08 AM | Joined: Feb 2005 Posts: 15 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Feb 2005 Posts: 15 | (I'm still wondering!) Can someone tell me when the 1/2 ton trucks were first produced with 12 volt systems? I have heard '55. But if so, was it with the beginning of the second series? Or was it not a set date at all? (I have a mostly restored '54 3100 which is 12v, but no way to reach previous owners who did the work.) I'm wondering if they might have put in a complete engine starter etc. from a later model? Thanks a lot. | | |
| |
| |