We finally got to the point where we shot the engine block, covers, pans and what-nots for the 292- We used Eastwoods Chevy's 6 cyl blue (51617ZP)
The color is way off it looks to be a gray more than a blue

http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w497/slawnski/1964%20chevy%20c-10%20Montana/d491aafe.jpg

We opened the quart and the color looked right- but as we mixed the color got muddier and more gray- we had spent the last three nights cleaning, cleaning, and re-cleaning the engine block and other parts- and decided to shoot the color whatever it was the following pics are what we accomplished this morning-

http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w497/slawnski/1964%20chevy%20c-10%20Montana/632630a2.jpg

http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w497/slawnski/1964%20chevy%20c-10%20Montana/e1d9b667.jpg

http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w497/slawnski/1964%20chevy%20c-10%20Montana/41b72649.jpg

http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w497/slawnski/1964%20chevy%20c-10%20Montana/81cf61f3.jpg






I am glad that we decided to spray the color- the underside of the transmission was painted with a foam brush and took several additional coats to cover- as it was we shot three coats on the block, valve cover, oil pan, water pump and harmonic balancer- two coats on the other items. all in all the paint sprayed very well- we did not reduce it at all - but we did use Eastwoods activator.

The last link is from the Eastwood catalog- showing the color I thought I bought and the smudge is the color I received- I would be pretty upset if I was going to show this truck or was aiming for a restoration- as it is we are just aiming for for a daily driver for my son...

http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w497/slawnski/1964%20chevy%20c-10%20Montana/38d791f1.jpg

Last edited by SLAWNSKI; 05/13/2012 2:37 AM.

1954 Chevy 3/4-Ton Chevy
"Mo"
1948-53-54 "Mixed Bag" Chevy Stakebed
"Basket Case"
1952 Chevy 3/4-Ton
"as yet un-named"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Lots of pictures