I worked on some projects today for the truck. I refaced my gauges using the decal kit from classic parts. It was pretty easy to do and they turned out looking brand new. I need to get a new temp gauge since the sender was cut from the gauge, that't its not done. But it shows what they all used to look like before i refaced them. The speedo was pretty easy to do as well. I also resurfaced the odometer and set it back to 0 miles.
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q268/cotsi95/chevy%203100/Gaugerebuild2.jpghttp://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q268/cotsi95/chevy%203100/Gaugerebuild.jpgI also spent some time polishing my visor. I sanded it with 800 grit and got most of the scratches out and then moved on to 1000, 1500 and finished with 2000 grit. I then used a white compound on my buffing wheel and finished it off with a green compound. It came out looking pretty good if I do say so myself. Only 4 more panels to finish, sigh.
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q268/cotsi95/chevy%203100/Polishedvisor.jpghttp://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q268/cotsi95/chevy%203100/Polishedvisor2.jpgLast thing I did today was polish the top trim on the speaker cover. I sand blasted it to get the layers of old paint off, then did the same process I did on the visor. Then I used the black decal kit from classic parts for the lettering. Im going to polish the rest of the speaker cover and the glove box lid as well. It should look pretty good next to the gloss black dash.
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q268/cotsi95/chevy%203100/Speakercover.jpg